Collection of Information
Categories of Non-Public Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect nonpublic personal information you provide to us when you apply for a MissFong store account or when you communicate with us about your MissFong account. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, username, password, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Transactions With Us
As you use your MissFong account to perform financial transactions, we collect nonpublic personal information in connection with each transaction, including transaction time, dollar amount and merchant details. We may also collect photos, memos or other information that you attach to your transactions.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may collect such information if you request an invite to join MissFong or if you enter into any contest or promotion.
Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Log Information:We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information:We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information on our Services and other websites, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use your information, including nonpublic personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by MissFong and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
MissFong is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose any information we collect about current and former customers, including nonpublic personal information, to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties as follows:
(1) With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your MissFong account;
(2) With another user, when you sign up for MissFong services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with MissFong. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll;
(3) With another user, when you sign up for a MissFong Shared Account with that user;
(4) With non-financial companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf, and fraud prevention service providers that use the information to provide services to MissFong and other companies;
(6) With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of MissFong or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of MissFong’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share transaction zip codes and merchant names with third parties to improve our accuracy in geo-locating transactions and to improve the clarity of transaction descriptions.